Thursday 3 February 2011

Journal: 113.02.04

One of the disconcerting things about a capsuleer memory is just how much strange and apparently useless "junk" information my head contains. Stuff that I didn't even know that I knew until something causes me to remember it.

Stuff like the fact that there such things as "birth month flowers" - that if you're giving flowers to celebrate a birth, then you give a particular species depending on the month.

For February, you give Violets, apparently. So I made some out of scrap metal and junk parts taken from a vanquished Revenant. Cleaned, melted down, shaved and assembled into a neat handful of silvery metal flowers. I think they look like violets. I don't know plants.

sharp edges though. Cut my fingers a couple times, and milling them down to a more baby-proof edge was surprisingly difficult. I went through three sanding heads. But, got there in the end, with the help of a bit of subtle varnish trickery.

Appropriate for Cia? I honestly don't know. But it's definitely a Verin present, and Dad says the best presents are the ones that are definitely from the giver.

Dad's rarely wrong.

Save. End.

No comments:

Post a Comment