Friday 14 January 2011

Journal: 113.01.14

I'm... a little surprised at myself.

I've not even spoken to Anneka properly since our... relationship... ended. No more than a few awkward words in passing.

But somebody insults her, and I instantly see red and weigh in to fight her corner.

It's amazing how resilient and persistent some emotions can be. It's been a long time, and a whole romance and marriage to somebody I... I don't know whether I should say that I "love" Nicole or that I "loved" her. I certainly don't know if either term applies to Anneka, we really weren't together long enough for the emotions to crystallize properly.

I'm just that kind of a man, I suppose. Heck, I've not had a civil conversation with Iadne since the divorce (or indeed since our wedding night) but if somebody insulted her in my presence like Myxx insulted Anneka, I know damn well I'd respond in exactly the same way. Not to mention if somebody insulted Suma's memory...

Heh. Women. They're like drugs - addictive, exciting, amazing, and bad for you. And once you're hooked...

Save. End.

No comments:

Post a Comment